Saturday, December 3, 2011

Allow myself to introduce.... myself.

I am a thirty three year old mother of four who returned (FINALLY) to college this fall to pursue my dream of becoming an educator. I am living proof that being ditzy doesn't preclude being intelligent.I am a Beachbody coach who lost 40 lbs doing P90X and promptly gained 10 lbs back during Thanksgiving weekend. I am obsessed with reading (YA, Paranormal Romance, Sci-Fi, Children's books, Mysteries, and Harry Potter Fan-Fiction), pinning ideas for my future classroom on Pintrest, and developing lesson plans.

Following Directions Lesson Plan


 I am currently taking classes at a community college and I expect to graduate with an Associates Degree in General Studies in May.  From there I plan to transfer to Western Michigan University. I am writing this blog to chronicle my experiences returning to school and, eventually, my experiences as an educator.


3 comments:

  1. I Bethany, I completely know where you are coming from, I also returned to college after having kids and majored in Special Education at Western Michigan University!! I'm still there finishing up my Masters. I absolutely Love what I do, it is all worth even though going back to school can be difficult at times! So Glad I found your blog.....feel free to stop by mine if you like!

    Amy
    TheResource(ful)Room!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bethany-

    I also returned to school to get my masters in education at the age of 30-I have now been teaching for 8 years! :) Good luck to you! Can you add an email subscription button to your blog so I can follow you by email?

    Thanks-
    Shannon
    http://6thgradescottforesmanreadingstreetresources.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm going back for my masters in special education too. I will begin soon and follow my dreams of teaching. I'm glad I found your blog!

    ReplyDelete